Falcon with led strip

Racemaui

New elf
i have been looking around but could not find an answer. every time i see someone using a falcon it is with pixels. can you use led strips with it? thanks

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Yes you can use any pixels/strip with the Falcons.
On the product page for F16v3 and F48 there is information on what protocols are supported.

Like said above, i'm assuming you are referring to addressable RGB strip. Dumb RGB is not supported. Dumb RGB is usually 4 pins with '+, R, G, B'.

Can I ask what pixel strip you are thinking of?

Racemaui

New elf
looking at rgbw still deciding which ones.... do they have rgbw in pixels? im looking at the strips because i would like a brighter look. i am using it to decorate my drive in restaurant. will put up permanant ones for year round then add accents and build up to a christmas light show.... still kinda confused about what i should get system wise..... i can program so that is not a problem.... its getting the right setup....

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
do they have rgbw in pixels?
Yes, there are other protocol types that have RGBW.

i am using it to decorate my drive in restaurant. will put up permanant ones for year round then add accents and build up to a Christmas light show.
Luckily for you there is a cheaper alternative to a Falcon controller. A 'ESP8266' with accompanying circuit board will work as a small controller.
They're just a programmable circuit board, you can upload the 'WLED' program to.
From what I've seen; WLED can basic patterns running standalone or can take data from xLights for synchronised lights.
I don't know all the names of pre-made small controllers, one name I do know of is the 'QuinLED'.

As much as I'd love you to get a fancy Falcon Pixel controller, I think it is overkill for your needs.

Someone else please pop in with information on these small pixel controllers.

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.