Few question from the start

tigerduck

1st year = 950pixel :-) PixLite 16 MkII Long Range
HeHO !

Hopefully I get some advice here - in EASY english -if possible :)

I use the

PixLite 16 MkII Long Range Control Board​

and Xlights.

First question (on may ones later):

Do I have to use the Advatek Assistant at all (except for what I did already, like lowering the output to 30%, giving a static IP and renaming the controller)?
As I understand it NOW - its not necessary to to change under "Pixlite Configuration", "Control", "Advanced" anything as Xlight will take control over it by the "Visualiser"???

And if YES what do I have to check at the controller settings?
"Auto Layout models" ?
"Multicast" ? (only using pixels atm)
"Universe count" ? Number?
"Individual Sizes" ?

Thank you so much for your help - as I made it run yesterdaynight on a different -complicated-way and I think its much easier to do.

PS: Is there a video online that shows excatly what I am asking for?

TANSA

Sparky with Blinky Lights ;-)
Generous elf
Use the configuration tool to setup IP, Universe start # and xLights is getting better with PixLite’s.
Tick the Manage box.

KiwiPhil

Full time elf
the visualiser does not work well with the advateks, the auto manage is also pretty buggy as the start channels dont map out correctly. I set mine up manually as its very hit and miss with the auto configuration/manage.

what I personally found works best with them -

*Manually setup the channels in the advatek software ( as long as the universes are unique you will be ok, dont copy my second output as its not correct)

* map each output as a separate controller in xlights

*use the controller selection in the props properties to select the port you want to use

Attachments

• adva1.PNG
    adva1.PNG
    57.6 KB · Views: 22
  • adva2.PNG
    adva2.PNG
    46.5 KB · Views: 22
  • adva3.PNG
    adva3.PNG
    50.8 KB · Views: 22

TANSA

Sparky with Blinky Lights ;-)
Generous elf
I did this little How I setup my 2 PixLites last year.
I hope it helps.

Attachments

• PixLite 16MkII SALTFAM Setup for xLights.pdf
    535.6 KB · Views: 26
  • PixLite DMX.pdf
    109.9 KB · Views: 11

Slam

New elf
I moved over to using PixLite 16MkII (standard ones) this year from LOR so have been on a large but sucessful learning curve. I'm not an expert but...
  • Using Advatek Assistant, I set the IP address, Pixel IC type, starting universe, and the DXC settings (I use one port for some floods)
  • I have set to use AutoSize and Auto Layout Models in the controller settings
  • Using the Visualiser for mapping props which works fine but using Upload Output fails to connect everytime.
  • I now use Bulk Controller Upload (I only have 2) and everything works perfectly now.
  • I am using FPP to control the show
Hope this helps.

EDIT: I have had to manually configure everything as it seems there are certainly some issues trying to upload to the Advateks. Manual config has everything working perfectly.

Last edited: