find beagle bone ip address

John Rusch

New elf
I haven't haven't done anything with my Beagle bone black for many months. I just plugged it in to see if it was still working and I get nothing on the P panels. I wanted to check the schedule but I don't remember the ip address my router gave it, it there an easy way to find the ip address. I thought I had this figured out but now I don't remember anything

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
If you have not set the BBB to a static IP you could try plugging it in and clicking on the below link
http://fpp/

Elsewise you may need to use a scanning tool such as IP scan
This will list everything on your network you should find a host name FPP if there is one on the network.

As you have enabled output of panels it may not allow you to plug in a keyboard and mouse to view its console however give it a go. Plug a keyboard and mouse in and you will see a fpp login screen
fpp / falcon are the credentials (note you won't see any characters typing when you type the password).
Once you are in you can type ifconfig which will show all the ip addresses assigned to the Beagle Bone.

Give the above a go and post some screen shots here maybe we can find a couple of things for you.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
If it's convenient to get near the bbb with a laptop then you can plug in a usb lead and the virtual ethernet port will be installed (assuming it's not already) on your laptop. This allows you access to the bbb via 192.168.7.2 . If you're using a Mac or Linux there's other IP's. See link below for details.

John Rusch

New elf
If you have not set the BBB to a static IP you could try plugging it in and clicking on the below link

This will list everything on your network you should find a host name FPP if there is one on the network.

As you have enabled output of panels it may not allow you to plug in a keyboard and mouse to view its console however give it a go. Plug a keyboard and mouse in and you will see a fpp login screen
fpp / falcon are the credentials (note you won't see any characters typing when you type the password).
Once you are in you can type ifconfig which will show all the ip addresses assigned to the Beagle Bone.

Give the above a go and post some screen shots here maybe we can find a couple of things for you.
[

Thank you that worked great