Finished matrix

scamper

Dedicated elf
I ordered from the boscoyo bulk buy this year and one of the items I ordered was a 2400mm x 1200mm matrix.
I spent a few days pushing pixels in and then wiring it up and today finally I managed to get the thing working.
I did a quick sequence of generic effects just for a test. I am loving the fact that I spent the time and set it up properly and it worked first time! As soon as I turned on the Pi test sequence away it went.
20170624_171112.jpg

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Nice work scamp I really like that . How many pixels i counted 512 is that right .For storage can it be rolled up and put away ? also is the mat expensive .

scamper

Dedicated elf
Nice work scamp I really like that . How many pixels i counted 512 is that right .For storage can it be rolled up and put away ? also is the mat expensive .
Yep, 512. it was from the Boscoyo bulk buy, the mat itself is pretty cheap, but the shipping is what gets you. Which is why I got it in the bulk buy.
It rolls up quite well, I did that today as it was hanging in my shed for the last week and the smell was getting a little overpowering. new Pixel smell that is.

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Thanks for the tip ive been wanting too do a matrix for some time now and was thinking more towards strips and making a frame etc etc . But looking at yours I thinking is better way to go and benefit of easy storage ! maybe next year hopefully

marmalade

cats & pixels
nice job Scamp, well done :) Any chance you can grab a vid of it from a typical street viewing distance?

scamper

Dedicated elf
nice job Scamp, well done :) Any chance you can grab a vid of it from a typical street viewing distance?
Not for now. I wanted to, but the space I have available and time, it was going to be too difficult. I will be getting it back out later in the year to setup again to do some more testing when I get a computer that I can control it with to do just that so I can work out the best font for writing and what sort of videos I can put on that can be viewed before I sequence it, but my daughter took my laptop that I was using and the laptop I am now using only has windows vista on it so I cannot do anything but transfer files to the pi and setup the f16's :(