First audience of the season

Habbosrus

Back again
I had my first audience of the season yesterday. I am only half way through setting things up and was testing my tree (2d) and matrix yesterday afternoon. One small hiccup with output 3 on my E6804 to the matrix, but easily fixed (phew!). Anyway, I had my back turned to the street and was running a couple of sequences without sound, just to make sure things were as they should be. My eldest son came outside and commented on the audience. I turned to find 5 cars lined up along the road. One person shouted out they couldn't hear anything and asked if I could turn it up. I explained that I had no speakers or fm transmitter connected yet. I was met with sad faces from the little ones in the back seat. Well, I can't let the little ones down. 3 minutes later I had speakers connected. They loved it, even if it was only 5.30 and the sun was still shining. Another group got out of their car and told me they had been waiting all year to see my little show as they'd heard about it but didn't get to see it last year. They said it was great and couldn't wait to see everything going :D

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Thats what it is all about. Bringing joy to others to celebrate the Christmas season. Word will spread like wildfire now and you will probably have an audience every night now...

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Did you play them the merry christmas skit Steve?

I put up half my lights on the weekend. The neighbours put theirs up too. I haven't turned mine on yet but the neighbours are into it already. We have 3 houses that do lights. The neighbours that have their lights up run one set of icicles along the front (well that's what they had last year and so far this year) and the other neighbours have a heap of inflatables and lights (theirs looks fantastic). One of the neighbours asked me if I had any new lights this year. I said I had a "few". One thing that seems to blow peoples minds is when you tell them you can transmit music over the radio. I think they must envisage you have your own radio station or something. I think if I can get my lights all up and going by next week, they will be on from then. I'm the one getting exited and I can't wait any longer.

Good to hear you got yours all going. Now all that's left is for you to show us a video of the action.

Habbosrus

Back again
Jamie (Christmas On Bisley) said:
Thats what it is all about. Bringing joy to others to celebrate the Christmas season. Word will spread like wildfire now and you will probably have an audience every night now...
I hope not, I'm only half way through setting up :eek: [SIZE=78%] [/SIZE]
[/size]I still have to connect the rest of my pixicles, Santa Please Stop Here sign, candy canes, candles and what I refer to as my wagon wheels! They should enjoy the show once everything is connected hopefully.[SIZE=78%]
[/SIZE]I am planning for Saturday November 29 "Lights On"[size=78%]

DrNeutron

Just starting in this crazy hobby
You guys are wayyyy ahead of the curve.....I only have 1 song done so far and no plan to setup until Nov 30th..
I can't wait to see your wagon wheels in action this year as well Habbo, I'll bet they will be a huge hit.
;)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Its always a satisfying feeling when you touch someone with your work and im sure you will touch many in your local community, wishing you the best with it

Bird

LOR user
That sounds really cool. Way to take care of the little tikes.

DrNeutron said:
You guys are wayyyy ahead of the curve.....I only have 1 song done so far and no plan to setup until Nov 30th..
Nov 30th?!?!?! Going to a bit on the cool side waiting until then. Your braver than I am. Finished setting everything out today (mostly) and will be switching on Thanksgiving here (hopefully). :D