First year and a lot to learn

Julie

New elf
Hi all first year and a lot to learn. Stuck already. Have a Boscoyo 99 Candy Cane however could only purchase nodes of 50 so 2 pigtails and 2 channels on the controller. When I import the boscoyo design from xlights sequence is there a way (english easy please) to advise that it is 2 sets of lights on Ports 1 & 2.

Hope this makes sense.

Thankyou

franky_888

Full time elf
Hi Julie,

I think this will work.

If you change the number of strings to 2, then add String 1 as 50 and string 2 as 49 that should model it properly - note you would still need to insert the nodes as per the Downloadable model if this is what you have done:

1606348551772.png

Julie

New elf
Thankyou have got that sorted but it is not acknowledging the 2nd port for the 2nd string only the 1st 50 are lighting up. And cant see where to add the 2nd portal/channel number

Nojoy

Full time elf
In the model options there will be a radio button for 'indiv start channels' check that button, the set the start channel for the second string

Julie

New elf
Hi Nojoy have indiv start nodes but have clicked on all areas and no indiv start channels could the advatek be configured incorrectly

Nojoy

Full time elf
This is what worked for me:
In advatek assistant: go to the control tab. Set start universe to 1, start channel to 1, pixels per out to 1 and check the advanced radio button. Then go into the Advanced button and make sure your outputs are setup with the 50 pixels on both output 1 and 2.

In xlights Controller Tab: select your controller. In the right panel, select the 'Individual Sizes' radio button, then setup channels 1 and 2 to align with the exact details you just put into the Advatek advanced page.

In xlights Layout tab: select your model, set strings to 2, go to the 'start channel' option and on the right corner of the field there will be a button with three dots... select that button.
Select 'Universe Number', select your controller Ip address from the drop down, and leave it at 1.

That should send the output to all 100 lights over the two outputs.

Last edited:

Nojoy

Full time elf
Otherwise, is there something preventing you from connecting the two strings together and running from a single output?

Julie

New elf
Hi Nojoy thankyou for your help I have a long way to go. Reason for not joining string... common sense.. never thought of it .. blonde moment. Better order some I think as I have 2 candy canes with 2 sets each and it keeps getting harder. Wish I could just plug them in and turn them on this year and worry about sequencing next year when I have more time at this rate they will be going up in January.

Nojoy

Full time elf
Assuming 12volt lights and power supply, would recommend joining the two strings together and running each cane from a different output, with 99 pixels setup on each output (dont put 100 in advatek assistant or this will throw off the channels). If you have the spare pixel before the cane, then start from channel 4 on the output in xlights. If you leave it at the end of the string, then start from channel 1 (3 channels per pixel). The model already knows that you are only using 99 pixels.

Julie

New elf
just to clarify when you say in individual sizes make sure they are the same does that mean each number should be the pixel number as 50 or the end channel number is only gives me option to change 1 number

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
They are to be the same in xlights and in the Advetek assistant. String 1 and Port 1 are 50 nodes/pixels and String 2 and Port 2 are 49 nodes/pixels