1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Flat Tree design

Discussion in 'Mega, Mini, Spiral & Pixel Trees' started by drakky, Jan 25, 2018.

1. drakky

drakky Full Time Elf

Hi guys
    as I don't have much space I'm thinking of doing a Flat mega tree sort of mini version ie in the fact that it will only be about 2.1 metres high , all the threads seem to say base should be half of height , so my question is a 2.1 m high x about 1.1 m wide flat tree pixels spaced at 1" (boscoyo strip) 12 strands of 85 pixels on each , would that look ok to display text and images? or is it just plain too small?

2. QldKing(Brad)

QldKing(Brad) Full Time Elf Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Mine is 3mt high, 16 strands. I went for about a two inch spacing at the bottom, but then I just went by eye to get the spacing. I can measure up overall width if that helps you?

3. OP
    OP
    drakky

drakky Full Time Elf

looks good , thanks , I'm guessing it will be 800 roughly wide, but that might be a bit of an answer I can go to 16 strands same height but maybe 3" spacing at bottom
    might be better that will only be 8 universes or 1 receiver board

4. OzAz

OzAz Full Time Elf Generous Elf

The 1 inch spacing will produce quite good graphics and text, but I'd extend to 16 strands if you can.
    my flat tree is 16 strands of 50 pixels at 2 inch spacing, about 2.4m tall, about 1.5m wide at base.

see (badly taken) pic

Attached Files:

5. OP
    OP
    drakky

drakky Full Time Elf

yeah I'm thinking 1" spacing down the strands and 3 inch spacing at the bottom between strips 8 universes 1 x 600w 12v supply should power it all

6. roo

roo Full Time Elf