Flat tree

Binkles

Full time elf
Hiya,

With a design I'm looking at doing, I have a query about flat trees and spacing.

Do you keep the same spacing, say 3" for everything? Or do you have say 3" for the middle two, and then make them all parallel with those, meaning for the outer runs you could end up with some decent spacing at the bottom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trioxide

New elf
I made a flat mega tree for last season. It was 12 legs of 120 pixel in 4 meter lengths of pixel strip. Since it was in the strip I could not change the spacing of the pixels so since I started all the strips the same at the top they didn't match up at the bottom. But it still looked good. Had lots of issues with the strips though so changing to nodes for next season. I also want to add on 4 more legs as for graphics 12 legs just wasn't enough.
Sorry for the poor quality of the lighted megatree. I had a shot of the whole house and just cropped out everything but the tree. See focus wasn't the best.

Attachments

• IMG_0739.JPG
    IMG_0739.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0800.JPG
    IMG_0800.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 75

elnino

Full time elf
I done 12 @ 2m 60Led/M and they are all the same spacing at the bottom. It does mean that the outer ones need to be a tad longer but it looks fine.

i13

Dedicated elf
caffeine made a mesh tree https://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,9052.0.html

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
2D strip pixel tree. level at the bottom, a little bit uneven at the top, but look great...

Pixel 2D tree.jpg

Habbosrus

Back again
I made my 2D flat tree from strip. I started even at the top, which means they are uneven at the bottom, but gives a slightly curved look. I made it in 2013 and it ran 2013, 2014 and 2015. I didn't have a show last year, but I'm sure it will still work, even after 2 x house moves.
Pics can be found here. Pictures are mainly from 2013 and some from 2014. There is a large closeup pic of the tree in daylight in amongst them.
Strip used is here, 3 LEDs per ic. Tree was 3 metres tall (30 pixels/90 LEDs)

Binkles

Full time elf
Thanks everyone. Will be using 12mm bullets but have seen some great ideas here.

I'm almost inclined to try and push them to go for a 180 tree.

But definitely food for thought for myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk