FP - RPi 3B+ -PiCap - Ray Wu WS2811 LED 10W Spot - UGH!

Michael Bass

New elf
First, thank you to al on these forms. Have gone though Jeff's Udemy Course, Watched countless youtube videos on PiCap and FPP, and reviewed AusChristmas / Falcon Christmas Wikis. Have set up a PiCap on a RPi 3B+ with the latest FPP 2.3 today. Have reinstalled / reimaged just to validate. I have 1 Ray Wu 10W LED Spot connected via a male pigtale with Blue - Gnd, Yellow/Green - Data, and Brown - V. Thanks to Jeff's Udemy course all communications to my 3 FPPs / RPi 3B+ are Wireless on a isolated subnet and are working well with a dedicated wireless router.

However, on the PiCap / RPi 3B+ / FPP 2.3 / 10W LED Spot (Ray Wu) [3 Wire - 13.5mm) connection via the Pi WS2811 port with the before listed wiring configuration I am not succeeding. PLEASE LEND ANY HELP!

Thanks

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
Would you be able to provide the Link to the Spot's and Pigtails you are using?

Are you powering the floor with another power supply at all and only sending data to the light fixture?

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
Brown wire: DC12V+ or Labelled "V"
blue wire: GND or Labelled "G"
yellow wire: DATA or Labelled "D"

Ensure the pig tail with the Plastic Screwing Nut is connected to the controller (MALE) from the fixture.
Connect a Female Pigtail to the controller and connect accordingly.

Open your FPP by navigating to the IP address of the specified FPP or by clicking here
http://fpp/

Configure your "String Ports" for the port number the flood light is plugged into making sure the protocol is ws2811 and there is only "1" pixel (3 Channels).
Navigate to Status -> Test and try test your lights before attempting to use it in xlights.

Let me know how you went :)

Michael Bass

New elf
The FPP 2.3 has the Channel Output – PI Pixel String has 1 LED Sport listed at channel 1 with end channel 3 defined.

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.