FPP and Eink

shanebou24

New elf
Hello wanted to share this before i forgot.

I have FPP running happly with pimoroni inky impression hat and software plug-ins. I have a placed remote script commands in the master pis playlist to refresh the screen on song changes, beginning and ends of playlists.

his is not a beginner project... Basically any of this can break at any point. Keep in mind the screen takes 20 seconds to refresh and if you don't clear the screen you'll destroy it.
If you know nothing this is a great video to jump into https://youtu.be/RWgaSNRqyEg
Step 1. Get yourself a raspberry pi (any Pi should work) and a pimoroni Inky Impression.
Step 2. load FPP to a SD card. start up FPP get set up (connect to Wi-Fi, grow your system )
Step 3. open an SSH shell, install the pimoroni libraries for the screen. (curl https://get.pimoroni.com/inky | bash)
Step 4. enable IC2 with sudo raspi-config
Step 5. Download the pimoroni libraries from github to your computer in the "7color folder" up load clear.py and image.py to the Pi. edit a image to be 600by448 pixels exactly and upload.
Step 6. at this time you should run clear.py if your screen clears you know your are in business
Step 7. Edit image.py change code to make sure you change the image to whatever you saved it as and make sure to add the file type EX. Santa.png
#!/usr/bin/env python3
import sys
from PIL import Image
from inky.inky_uc8159 import Inky
inky = Inky()
saturation = 0.8
image = Image.open("/home/fpp/media/images/imagenameonthepi.jpg")
inky.set_image(image, saturation=saturation)
inky.show()
Step 8. save the script and run.
Step 9. Triger the remote script however you'd like at the moment I just placed a clear.py in my play list followed by a 30 second pause then the image.py of my choosing.
Now all of this is nice but i just scratching the surface. You can send the screen html then update with FPP data and use the buttons as interaction.

Attachments

• 20211107_073059.jpg
    20211107_073059.jpg
    990.4 KB · Views: 10