FPP + F16V3 Testing

Hi,

I'm a little baffled as this worked last year.

I had my pi set up with my F16 last year, but events took a turn, then Covid struck so I never really got going on my display.

So this last week or so I have been making small props to put around my ManCave.

After the creation of said props, I booted up my Rpi and of course, forgot my credentials to login.

So I downloaded a fresh copy of FPP 4.4 and a new copy of xLights.

I set up a show network and can now access both the Pi and the F16 via the web interfaces, no problem with that.

My Pi is on home wifi with an ethernet cable between the pi and the F16

I followed along with this video of Canispater Christmas

I can test my lights with the F16 either from the board or from the web app, but the FPP test page will not work and I cannot play any seq if it's loaded to the FPP.

I'm thinking I may have missed something simple. Like I said in the beginning it did work last year as I had created a few simple sequences and ran them quite easily.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dreamin

Full time elf
Did you load a sequence up to the FPP and load the models? If not it's won't know what it's got, and can't test anything. ;)

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Did you tick the e1.31 check box in FPP on the controllers page? I didn't do this last year and spent hours trying to get an output from FPP. It's a small checkbox beside or near the title header.

Did you tick the e1.31 check box in FPP on the controllers page? I didn't do this last year and spent hours trying to get an output from FPP. It's a small checkbox beside or near the title header.
To get started, I created 2 universes, the checkbox becomes unchecked. I have tried both checked and no universes, and universes with unchecked box. Baffling..