FPP Local Web browser

Cee DeLights

New elf
Is there a local web browser that is available on the FPP/Rpi box?
If so, how do I enable it to auto-start and display the FPP browser when the Rpi box is powered on?

I'm thinking of installing a small Touch LCD screen so I can view settings and status of FPP without having to use a laptop (or phone)

Otherwise, perhaps its possible to install a small browser app and auto-run the browser when the FPP box is turned on.

Cheers.
Apologies - this was also posted on the XLights section by mistake.

franky_888

Full time elf
I remember there used to be a separate Kiosk image you could download, but it looks as though you just need to turn it on now:

1. Go to Status Control > FPP Settings
2. UI Tab > User Interface Level > Set this to Advanced
3. System > Scroll down > Kiosk Frontent > Enable Kiosk.

See if that helps acheive what you're after.

I have never ran FPP is Kiosk mode as I've always just used my phone. It is much better this year too now that FPP v5 is mobile friendly

Cee DeLights

New elf
I remember there used to be a separate Kiosk image you could download, but it looks as though you just need to turn it on now:

I have never ran FPP is Kiosk mode as I've always just used my phone. It is much better this year too now that FPP v5 is mobile friendly
Thanks Franky,
Will check this out.

Cee DeLights

New elf

Kiosk mode works well !!

Kiosk.jpg

derekstein

New elf
Hi, I enabled kiosk but get an error on the screen saying it can't connect to the x server ... have not been able to get it to work ...