FPP plays sound but not outputting to controller

Ktag

Apprentice elf
I have just set up my Rasberry Pi with FPP. Uploaded sequences and music, set a test schedule. It started as per schedule playing the audio but nothing on my lights.
I did have my controller (JSYS p12R) plugged into my network before and the show play fine from Xscheduler. I have simply used the same ethernet cable and plugged directly into the Pi (I am interacting with the Pi over wifi). I suspect I have to do something else to ensure the Pi outputs to the controller ???? Can anyone help?

gregor

New elf
I had something similar when using the DDP protocol and when I switched to the old E1.31 it worked. Using the latest FPP I was just to able to get DDP to talk to the falcon controller but on the older protocol it worked. Not sure if it will help you but thought I would share. As I did get music but no lights as you describe

gregor

New elf
I had something similar when using the DDP protocol and when I switched to the old E1.31 it worked. Using the latest FPP I was just to able to get DDP to talk to the falcon controller but on the older protocol it worked. Not sure if it will help you but thought I would share. As I did get music but no lights as you describe
I mean I was ‘just not’ able to get DDP to work

Ktag

Apprentice elf
thanks, but I don't know how to switch. I think I am missing a step in the set up. Is it as simple as setting up the Pi and FPP, load sequences, create a playlist and then plug the controller straight into the pi and it should work??

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Try adding a network switch between the Pi and controller?

gregor

New elf
In FPP what is you output configuration? Also, the guys on the falcon Christmas forum are great at helping in the falcon player channel.

Ktag

Apprentice elf
Nope, adding a switch made no difference. Do I have to do anything in the input/output setup page??

gregor

New elf
Okay well that could be it. Under output you need to set it to the protocol and possibly place the IP of your controller. One entry for each controller. Do you have the pdf for FPP?

gregor

New elf
Maybe I can help, let me get a screen shot of mine in here to show you what I mean...

gregor

New elf
Here is the Output, in my case I have a Falcon controller. I needed to set the IP address of the controller and most importantly - enable output. I only have one controller so there is only that one row or entry. You would need one for each controller that you have. Make sure you save and restart. If you need help, post a screen shot and I'll try to help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 8.43.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 8.43.58 PM.png
    919.7 KB · Views: 44

Ktag

Apprentice elf
Screenshot is great. Thanks. At least I know I'm in the right spot. But still couldn't add anything until I changed the output counts... Still working on it but feel like I'm getting somewhere. Thank you.