FPP Show setup advice.

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
Hi --

We have an annual Christmas event. For the event, we always have an audio loop with music and announcements playing overhead. Separately, we have an FPP player/remote system that plays a lighting loop totally independent from the music. For reference sake, the music loop is about an hour and plays from a computer and the FSEQs are about 6 minutes. The master controls an F48, two F16v4's and sends sync packets to about 20 Pi remotes. Each of these two loops just run continuously all night and everything works fine.

This year we have a synchronized music & light show ('Tree Lighting') that we want to interject about every 30 minutes.

My initial idea is to cut the 1 hour music loop in 2 halves and put those halves as well as the music for the tree lighting — an a new FPP remote.

The 6 minute FSEQs (after being renamed appropriately) would be the lighting for when “Half # 1” and “Half # 2” are shown.

When the 2 minute Tree lighting music is playing, a custom 2 minute light show will play on all assets.

It seems like this would work, but I'm wondering if there is any advice or pointers out there-- or different paths I should look at.

I also wonder if there's any way to "ease out" the 6-minute light show instead of having it end abruptly when one of the 30 minute music tracks ends and the tree lighting begins.

thanks folks…

dkulp

Full time elf
I have an announcement that I want to play every half hour. To do that, I have my show play without the announcement in it from start time (5pm) to end (9:30pm). Then I have an FPP Command to "Insert Playlist after Current" with the same time range with repeat of 30min. That way, I can also have the main playlist set to randomize so the show is a bit unique every night.

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
Great. I'll be playing with that. Thanks!
do you recommend having the audio tracks on their own FPP remote -- or setting them up another way?