G'Day from Berwick, Victoria

avelarde

New elf
Hi Guys,

What an awesome site, heaps of information about Christmas display. I did one last year using ESP8266 but wasn't satisfied with the outcome. Does anyone know where I can buy the falcon pixel controllers?

Cheers!

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
Hi Avelarde and welcome to AusChristmasLighting!

I would love to hear what you did with your ESP8266 setup and what was used!

If you are interested in a Falcon controller you have come to the right place. AusChristmasLighting hosts what are called "Bulk Buy's" this is when someone buys bulk from the supplier and sells them over here for cheap. Pixelcontroller.com doesn't normally ship to Australia but our friend Daryl normally hosts bulk buy's for Falcon boards.

You can find our current bulk buy here:
https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/falcon-f16v3-f48-e1-31-pixel-controller-2018-buy.10499/

If you know what is required please feel free to go an purchase one otherwise if you are still a little bit in the dark post back here or in chat and either myself or another member will be more than happy to give you further information.

Just a side note. This bulk buy finishes on the 17th of February (This month) so you have a couple of weeks before it expires.

Warm Regards
Derf | Jack

avelarde

New elf
Thanks for sending the link. I will try to get get my order up there. As I am still new here, may I know how I will make the payment?

Here's the link to my setup.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc7sJ-VcPXs&t=8s

Basically, I am running ( a newbie setup) :

1) RPI with Falcon Player installed
2) RPi also controls the 16 Mechanical relay (2x8 Channels) .
3) 2 of WIFI WS2811/WS2812B controller;Wireless E1.31 (sACN) data input;SPI signal output(for WS2811 / WS2812B pixels)
( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/WIF...32545202529.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.BHBZ59) - but they are not very good as they hang every 30mins or so, and I have to reboot them
4) 3 Christmas lights dumb RGB - controlled via the mechanical relay
5) Arduino Mega Controlling the 12v ws8211 on the rain gutter- not connected to Rpi.

This year, I was hoping to control everything via RPi with stable connection between the pixels. I also want to learn how to use "dumb pixel" to "boost data transmission" to the pixels.

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
Welcome to ACL. I like the idea of the star on the ground - is it safe to walk on? Was thinking about doing something similar on the drive way. And, hate to say it, but the Anna and Elsa statues are nice. Would be a big hit with the kids.

avelarde

New elf
Yes, it was pretty safe to walk on, I bought those solar rope lights from Aldi 2 years ago, I just pressed it on the ground and kids did walk over it and still working before putting it back to the shed. Yep, the girls , and surprisingly their mums, liked Elsa and Anna. I was surprised it was still standing after big hail storm that passed over our suburb.

I was hoping this year, I can control the Snow maker and Bubble maker using my Rpi and synced with the music.

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
Sweet looks awesome!

Payment for bulk buys are normally transferred in US Dollars to the person(s) hosting the bulk buy. For example you would send $200USD +Postage to Daryl Via Paypal. He then marks you down as paid and at the end date he ships the controllers to you.

I am very surprised you were able to get the megatree working directly off a ESP! (I've personally always had issues running pixels from micro controllers).

What snow machines / bubble machines do you have. Perhaps you can open them up and put a relay on the switch wires?

avelarde

New elf
Yep, the snow and bubble machines are ready to go. I've "hacked" the remote control so I attached it to a relay. I just didn't have enough time to hook them up to the Pi and sync with the music.
How can I get Daryl's Paypal account?

upload_2018-2-2_12-7-38.png

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
You respond to that thread saying

Hi Daryl

I would like to buy
1x Falcon F16v3
and shipping to "insert town name"

He will then send you a private message on the forums with his paypal email.

avelarde

New elf
Thanks for the warm welcome @djgra79

I hope to see your Christmas decoration this year. I think I've seen your videos on youtube. They really look awesome.