G'day from Brisbane

brighteyes87

New elf
Hello all. I am so glad i found this site. I have always wanted to put lights to music. I love christmas (i am a christmas baby after all) and love seeing the displays. I have started putting lights up a few years ago and enter our local compition I love seeing all the smiles on the kids faces and the WOWS are the best. Im here to learn from the masters.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL - you've come to the right place to learn!
It can be a steep learning curve as there is much to take in. First stop is the 101 manual. Download and read a few times through to let it sink in. Sit back and be inspired by displays this year and make notes on specific elements (trees, spinners, roofline etc) that you'd like to have in your own display then start work on planning for next year!
Depending on your skill level, you may be able to get something small happening this year, but we hate to see people rush out and buy equipment that may not actually suit what they need in the future.
Plenty of info in the forums and the chat room always has someone around to ask any questions you may have.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL.
It's all about the wows from kids. Nothing quite like the look on kids faces as they light up to the lights.

bpratt

Senior elf
Welcome, I'm south of Brisbane at Jimboomba, and doing my first pixels and therefore sequence this year.

As already suggested, the ACL 101 manual is a great start.

At this time of the year, you will be really pushed to get something done, but now is a good time to start planning and understanding pixel lighting for 2020.

brighteyes87

New elf
hey all thank you for making me feel welcome, im from yarrabilba so not far at all from jimboomba either. I will just be doing my normal lights this year we make a lot of our decorations for our yard . but next year i am hoping to start doing a little more gives me the year to learn and experiment.
I have downloaded the manual this morning and was reading it and lost track of time was late for work. oops. there seems to be some really helpful information here.