G'day from Geelong

Code Gray

New elf
G'day,
My name is Allen, but I usually go by my work nick name, which is Code, or Codey, it's a long story! I'm not new to covering the house in lights at Christmas time, the more LED's the better is the saying in our house, but I am new to the world of programming, adding music, transmitters, sequences, everything! It is something that I've always wanted to do, just never had the first clue how! I'm looking forward to learning the in's and out's of all this, and start putting on our first display, as we intend to raise money for Juvenile diabetes, of which my eldest son has type 1. The plan is to get all the lights going, and the whole family dress up. It's going to be the strangest Christmas dress up ever, with my wife and daughter being in 'traditional' Christmas clothes, and me and our three boys in the 'other clothes'. Ever seen a TIE fighter pilot from Star Wars wearing a Santa hat on his helmet? Yep, that'll be me! I'm also in the process of joining the 501st, which are a group of people who dress as TIE pilots, Stormtroopers, Darth Vader, all the Star Wars "baddies" in accurate and authentic kit, to raise money for charity and sick kids, we're "Bad guys doing good"!

Hopefully this year we'll get our lights going, I'm going to the Melb mini to get more ideas and learn what I can as quick as I can, and digest the manual!

Well that's me I guess!

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
Hi Allen, welcome to ACL. Check out the 101 manual. Its just been updated and has that brand new manual smell. With your Star Wars theme, you might be interested in running this sequence.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi Allen, welcome to ACL!
You've come to the right place to learn all about how to put together an animated lights display. Plenty of forum threads, and plenty of helpful folks around to answer all your questions. Feel free to pop into chat at anytime too, there's always someone in there.
Looking forward to meeting you at the mini :)
Cheers, Graham

Code Gray

New elf
Hi Allen, welcome to ACL. Check out the 101 manual. Its just been updated and has that brand new manual smell. With your Star Wars theme, you might be interested in running this sequence.

That would be a fun sequence to run, but I reckon I'm gonna be a good year or two away from getting there!!

Code Gray

New elf
Hi Allen, welcome to ACL!
You've come to the right place to learn all about how to put together an animated lights display. Plenty of forum threads, and plenty of helpful folks around to answer all your questions. Feel free to pop into chat at anytime too, there's always someone in there.
Looking forward to meeting you at the mini :)
Cheers, Graham
Thanks Graham! Looking forward to getting to the mini and seeing how much I can pick up and understand, and try to stat to get my own show underway!