Gday from the new guy

charlieboy

New elf
Hi Guys,

Last year I had an extremely modest display of LED multifunctions on the fences of my house and the pillars. This year I am trying to get organised for a more comprehensive effort - I truly enjoy christmas as a highlight of my year and have always been 'chief in charge' of lights at my house, even as a boy.

Hopefully I can rely on advice as required.

Thanks and Regards,
Jarrod

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL Jarrod

Always great to see another Victorian joining up.
What part of Vic are you in?

Alan

Habbosrus

Back again
G'day Jarrod, welcome to ACL mate. You've come to the right place for information and inspiration. Good luck and enjoy the CLAP.

Karob

Let there be Light!
Hi Jarrod
Welcome to the mad mad world of ACL and CLAP.
You will find what you need in this forum, from information on improving your display or just a chat with other light minded people.
Pop into chat when you get a chance and ask any question you have, there will be someone around to answer them for you.
Rob

charlieboy

New elf
AAH said:
Welcome to ACL Jarrod

Always great to see another Victorian joining up.
What part of Vic are you in?

Alan

Hi Alan,

I am in Geelong mate, and yourself?

Thanks guys, I had only done static displays, not sure I will progress to automated or programmed this year but something to work towards

scamper

Dedicated elf
Welcome from one newbie to another... :D
And might I say if you get hooked half as much as I have, then believe me, you will have an automated display.
Start with downloading one of the free sequencers like vixen3 and have a play on these cold winter nights to see how your place could look.
Then hold on to your wallet as you clean the last of the moths out of there, It will be squeaky clean in no time :eek:

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

Welcome to ACL Jarrod

First the disclaimer
Joining these forums and entering the chat room can give you CLAP!!! :D
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem

Even with some of the links a little dated, if you haven't found it yet, the AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is a great resource and a new updated release is in the works.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to the addiction, you will find all you need here to get you into the hobby. Feel free to ask any questions and also pop into the chat room and say hi.