G'day from the Whitsundays.

Ray Sticko

New elf
G'day. Sticko here. I'm from Proserpine in the whitsundays. I toyed with doing a Christmas display with music etc a few years ago but life got in the road. This year I am doing a.simple show for starters as stated below but open to going a step further
What I have now.
I have a Rasberry pi that currently is connected to 2 x 8 relays to just turn on and off single colour 12v led strips with a few 240v elements. This is run through Lightshowpi which some of you may be aware of. Along with a FM transmitter.
I would like to change my setup to be able to make my own sequences that Lightshowpi does not allow (it does it's own thing with frequencies in audio tracks).
I have search for info to make sequences in Vixen (which I have played with a few years ago) export to FPP on the pie and incorporate my current LED strips and elements for a year before I go out to either dumb RGB or pixels.

Cheers and look forward to be able to contribute to this community.
Sticko

Last edited:

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
If you are going pixels go smart RGB pixels, gives you so many more options than dumb pixels and doesn't cost much difference.
xLights is the more popular sequencing program here, so greater chance of getting assistance, and there's lots of video tutorials for it.

kinglights

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL.. your going to love playing with RGB Pixels..You must look over the 101 manual, great deal of info in this document.
Best of luck.

Ray Sticko

New elf
Welcome to ACL.. your going to love playing with RGB Pixels..You must look over the 101 manual, great deal of info in this document.
Best of luck.
I have read it a heap of times. Even printed it too. Every time I read it again it I pickup something else.

AngieHarrison

Apprentice elf
G'day. Sticko here. I'm from Proserpine in the whitsundays. I toyed with doing a Christmas display with music etc a few years ago but life got in the road. This year I am doing a.simple show for starters as stated below but open to going a step further
What I have now.
I have a Rasberry pi that currently is connected to 2 x 8 relays to just turn on and off single colour 12v led strips with a few 240v elements. This is run through Lightshowpi which some of you may be aware of. Along with a FM transmitter.
I would like to change my setup to be able to make my own sequences that Lightshowpi does not allow (it does it's own thing with frequencies in audio tracks).
I have search for info to make sequences in Vixen (which I have played with a few years ago) export to FPP on the pie and incorporate my current LED strips and elements for a year before I go out to either dumb RGB or pixels.

Cheers and look forward to be able to contribute to this community.
Sticko

I in AirlieBeach. Moving from LOR to XLIGHTS, I bought new Falcon controllers and want to get rid some of my LOR controllers and lights as I upgrade to pixel.
Btw I didn’t do any display in the last couple years due to my son’s treatment in Brisbane.

Please join us in Townsville Mini 13 & 14 April.

Last edited:

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Ray.
Hopefully you can make it to the mini and see first-hand what you can do with the hobby.