Gday, New here from Beveridge, Vic.

Haasy

New elf
Pretty keen to start an awesome display, not looking to start this year obviously but would like to start planning for next year and I know absolutely nothing about pixel lights and controlled lights lol. This is my place this yearDA71FFE4-8F71-4112-9309-BC993653F4B6.jpeg

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Welcome Haasy, oh you're gonna have so much fun with pixels! Grab a copy of the ACL101 manual and have a read through of that then go and have a look at Canispator Christmas's YouTube channel. A lot of us here use xlights with a Raspberry Pi running FPP and then Falcon Controllers. If you want to have a play over the Xmas holidays check out Hanson Electronics for his RPi-28D+ hat, an RPi and some pixels or strip.
Lastly don't forget to ask questions if your get stuck, were all here to help and inspire each other.
Cheers Bazzy

Haasy

New elf
At the moment that sounds like gibberish . But I’ll read the manual and hopefully it will make more sense. Thanks for the help mate.
Cheers

bpratt

Senior elf
Welcome aboard Haasy, the manual is a big read, so don't expect to understand everything the first time around.

For your first year in 2021, I'd keep a lot of what you've got, and add some key props in to boost your display, then in following years change totally to pixels.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACl. Always good to see Victorians and especially country Victorians lighting up.
There's generally a lighting mini expo in a number of the states around May-June each year and if you can get to that it's a great learning experience. If you can get to talk to someone who has a computer controlled display while it's up that's also a great leg up. There's a fair few displays listed on the display locations map/link.