Gday to hopefully soon to be new friends

Harlo

New elf
Gday,

I am in the western suburbs of Sydney and have been a long time admirer of Christmas light displays. Many years ago, I had an interest and some involvement in lighting and sound work, although it was very basic, and very very basic to some of the things I have seen lately.

I have a couple of young kids and have thought why not take the plunge and dip my toe into attempting a mega pixel tree and perhaps expanding on it in future years (Dont tell my wife!!! :p She doesn't need to know how much this is going to cost, and I dont own a boat :p)

I have very little idea what I am getting myself into, however know that I have picked the right time of year to start.

Hope to hear from other soon!

All the best

Nojoy

Full time elf
Welcome Harlo. The 101 manual is a must read to get across the basics.
Feel free to search the forums and ask any questions. Can also jump into chat anytime.

Harlo

New elf
Thanks for the welcome and heads up Nojoy!!!

Just about to start the 101 manual now!!!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL
There's potentially ACL members nearby you who have been slack at getting there displays down or are going to do an Australia Day light show. If there is it's worthwhile having a look in person and having a chat if possible.
If the Sydney lighting mini expo goes ahead this year around May it's well worth getting along and soaking up some info.

jamieh

Flashing light loving Sparky
Hi Harlo.
I’m looking at starting this year also and are from the west of Sydney.
I checked the display locations map and found a couple of displays around me and had a chat with the owners for some tips so maybe give that a go.
Im looking at starting off with some house outlines and some arches this year then move onto a mega tree next year.
Best of luck and I may possibly meet you at the mini if it goes ahead this year.
Jamie.