Gilbert Engineering HD power injection ideas

bpratt

Senior elf
I've gone and bought some of the GE HD props this year, and there's been nothing much about power requirements for pixels in them, in particular PI (power injection).

The rest of my display is 12 volts, but for these I thought having the psu's right next to them I'd go 5 volts.

So this is what I've done. What I may do, may not be what someone else does, but this is the whole idea of this post, giving people a starting point, and have some discussion which can be referenced later on, something you can't do in chat or on 'stalkbook'.

What I'm doing is setting up ammo boxes with a 350w meanwell and differential receivers, and feeding the pixels with data from 2 ports on each.

For all of my props, I'm feeding the first 100 pixels from the receiver, the breaking the v+ line to the rest of the prop. This way the 5amp fuse on the receiver is more than enough. I think PI the rest of the prop via a separate fused line from the meanwell psu

I run my pixels at 40%

So where do I do the PI on each of the props.

GE Steampunk spinner 470 pixels first port pixels 1 to 250, port 2 pixel 251 to 470
PI after pixel 100, 200, 350, 450 and a 10amp fuse on that.

GE MOAW 640 pixels, 320 pixels per port, so right in the middle as per the xlights model.
PI after pixel 1:150, 1:250, 2:150, 2:250 2 per own fuse.

GE Hattitude Quartet 697 pixels, 350 to first port, then remainder to second port.
PI after pixel 150, 250, 500, 600 separate fuse to 150,250 and fuse to 500,600

This I hope will give people a starting point for these props. Please offer your suggestions/alternatives.