Gluing Corflute

HertzSwift

Apprentice elf
I recently purchased a large wreath from Extreme Lighting Display, it was slit at the back and folded in half for cheaper shipping, which I knew about. The problem I've run into is trying to glue the slit back together, I used araldite one with a long cure time and I know it has strength, but unfortunately it didn't bond well with the corflute and the joint failed. Could anyone recommended a product that has the strength to maintain the join? The wreath has 198 pixels loaded onto it so it has a bit of weight.

HertzSwift

Apprentice elf
Right so you didn't even use glue, this method did cross my mind but I was concerned the the bolt heads would be a bit sightly, but now that I've seen it, it's not actually that bad is it? Thanks for the suggestion.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
When I've built coro props and enclosure covers I've just used a hot glue gun. Silicone I guess would also work.
But for larger/heavier props that I'm mounting on the roof, I've made support frames of C-channel aluminium like what you showed above.

Snowy

Phil
Just do what Kate did , i didnt even worry about mine when i made the frame its very strong .

Attachments

• IMG20210905103003.jpg
    IMG20210905103003.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 48