Gotta start somewhere...

MrGrinch

New elf
Well, for no real reason we are venturing into the Christmas light displays this year. We were going to start with a single 16 channel box from LOR but that quickly became 2x16 (you know, start small and expand as the years go by - yeah, right!?).
Have absolutely no experience in any of this so we really are working on the fly. Am extremely impressed with this forum - much useful information.

We have a relatively small street front with some yukka trees which are going to be our main light holders. We are looking at strings of static LEDs - single colour for each trunk (about 16 trunks) and then a few little curtains and light ropes on the house.
It's very exciting and very addictive!! Am slowly figuring out the programming software that comes with the LOR startup kit. Now discovering the vast array of other types of set ups available (maybe I could have researched a little more before starting!??).

Already thinking of venturing into the RGBs for next year - they look like lots of fun (did I mention I needed a new hobby then wham! my partner comes up with this idea - there goes all my free time :))

If I have success, I will post some further details.

If it becomes a big flop - well I shall just turn and run the other way...

Cheers
Ben (and Ji aka MrGrinch himself - ba humbug!)

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
if your already thinking of venturing to RGB, then you are will into your diagnosis of CLAP.

Welcome aboard, there are many of people herenthat are more then happy to assist you by answerring questions.

Ask away, drop by chat. great place for rapid response

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Ben.

I made up trunk collars for a few of my trees a couple of years ago. Very easy to deploy and remove each year. Going to make a couple more this year too. :)

davidavd smaller tree trunk collars.jpg

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome50.png

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
welcome to ACL, you will find lots of helpful mebers and posts from the great members here so don't hesitate to post any questions or jump into the chat room

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Ben (and Ji aka MrGrinch himself - ba humbug!) :D

Matt said:
if your already thinking of venturing to RGB, then you are will into your diagnosis of CLAP.
I agree, sounds like the household may already be infected with CLAP. :)
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem

If you haven't found it yet, the AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is a great resource. If 101 doesn't help expand your CLAP enough, jump into chat, many very friendly people will be glad to help you out.