Greedy Guido is Back

Greedy Guido

Sorry, My fault. I forgot you were an idiot.
G'Day Trend Setters,

After being unable to do Christmas lights due to Fly in Fly Out commitments I and now home most of the time (working in office in Brisbane).

I seems forever since I was last on the forum so Hi to everyone.

I see it looks like LSP is dead so is XLights the way to go. It has been so long I need to relearn everything anyway as I have forgotten almost everything everyone here tough me.

Look forward to catching up with the ACL crew again

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Welcome back.
Now you have me and plenty more younger members in here :). Many of which are like my profile title, annoying!

I do have to say, I love your profile title!

1632027884824.png
Might need to copyright that one ASAP!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I had a copy of LSP may years ago and at the time it did an enormous amount compared to LOR or Vixen. 1 of the most amazing things that it did was crash LOTS. Xlights does pretty near everything that you could want in a sequencer. 1 of the few things that LSP did and no other sequencer has (as far as I know) was the ability to wipe over a bit of timeline and see the effects/sounds for that section. Xlights does so much more than any other sequencer it really has no comparison. It also has a massive userbase as it has become the preferred sequencer these days. Xlights 4 has absolutely no resemblance to what Nutcracker had way back in the stone age. It's also orders of magnitudes faster at processing than what LSP used to be. It's now a few seconds for every few thousand channels compared to LSP which was probably at least a few minutes for every few hundred channels.
There's a few ACL users pretty close to you assuming you're still in Aspley. Deyne in Bald Hills is an Xlights user. Brad in Bracken Ridge was a Vixen user but he may have come over to Xlights these days. They are both running displays that are probably in the 100,000 channel range at a guess.

Deyne

New elf
I had a copy of LSP may years ago and at the time it did an enormous amount compared to LOR or Vixen. 1 of the most amazing things that it did was crash LOTS. Xlights does pretty near everything that you could want in a sequencer. 1 of the few things that LSP did and no other sequencer has (as far as I know) was the ability to wipe over a bit of timeline and see the effects/sounds for that section. Xlights does so much more than any other sequencer it really has no comparison. It also has a massive userbase as it has become the preferred sequencer these days. Xlights 4 has absolutely no resemblance to what Nutcracker had way back in the stone age. It's also orders of magnitudes faster at processing than what LSP used to be. It's now a few seconds for every few thousand channels compared to LSP which was probably at least a few minutes for every few hundred channels.
There's a few ACL users pretty close to you assuming you're still in Aspley. Deyne in Bald Hills is an Xlights user. Brad in Bracken Ridge was a Vixen user but he may have come over to Xlights these days. They are both running displays that are probably in the 100,000 channel range at a guess.
I believe @BradsXmasLights is looking to dabble in xlights this year also.