Greetings from Canton, MI, USA

Micro16

New elf
Hey there, I've been interested in Christmas Lighting and sequencing ever since I saw the first youtube videos years ago of people sequencing. As an embedded software engineer by day, I'm intrigued to see what I can do to 'up my display'. I have a feeling that there will be more posts from me in the next 12 months...I may actually commit to 'getting started' this year. Cheers!

TerryK

Retired Elf
Welcome to ACL. If you need a bit of help hardware-wise, there is the ACL 101 Manual. The ACL sections are searchable for either help or ideas and there is also the Chat Room.

Iain

Full time elf
Hi Micro16 & welcome! I do a bit of embedded software along with desktop & web apps. Let me know if you have any ideas you’d like to bounce around for blinky projects. I’ve always wondered how I could apply programming here but most ideas seem to be taken already!!

ezellner

Full time elf
Welcome fellow Michigander! You are starting at the right time for this year's holiday season. It takes longer and will cost more than you think the first year or so. Start small and grow into it to make sure you really enjoy it. Caution: it's addictive! However, it'll bring joy to you and everyone who gets to experience your display.