Halloween Prop Controller Boards

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I've been slowly designing and releasing a range of simple Halloween prop controller boards. I'll be outlining what some of them do in this thread. They are available to buy in the da-Share shop.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Try-Me Halloween Prop Controller:
This is an Arduino based Halloween controller designed to activate props with a “try-me” input/button. No longer are you stuck with the useless sound or light change trigger built into the prop. The board will let you trigger it exactly when you want.

It has a trigger input (from a button, PIR or other sensor) to start the prop animation. The board can supply power to most common props that usually take 3 or 4 AA cells. It also provides a contact output to trigger the prop. Various settings are available for pre-trigger delay, animation run time, lockout time, aux output fade, etc. The aux output can run scene lighting that automatically comes on for the set run time.

The board is available for purchase in the da-Share shop. Here's a video showing it in action:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK6iCh4b8Do

Last edited:

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
DC Reversing Relay Board 12V:
This board controls 12V DC motors and linear actuators rated up to 5 Amps. It has 2 trigger inputs which you ground to activate.

In two channel mode, CH1 is for forward and CH2 is for reverse (stop is both off). In one channel mode, CH1 is for forward, otherwise it's reversing (no stop option).

This relay board can be used with the switched output(s) from various prop controller boards. The bi-colour LED indicates when the output is active.

The board is available for purchase in the da-Share shop.

apc1072-12.png