Happy with my 5v pixels

JPB

Full time elf
After a rather wet December I am very happy to say that my 5v pixels that I got from Ray came through with zero failures. I used 500 of these on a mid sized tree using Ruprects design.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/50pcs-DC5V-input-WS2811-LED-pixel-light-with-all-BLACK-wire-IP68-rated-epoxy-resin-filled/1821855394.html

Mid year I bought one string for testing which included running them underwater for a few hours and based on this I bought more, and will not hesitate to buy more for 2015.

Jon

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Just be wary that quality does change and from my previous experience what was ordered previously may be different the next time you order.
But great to hear they did well for you

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I have very similar in white but 12v version. They are my window surrounds. However I did have about 4 pixels out of about 180 fail which was a little bit of a hassle having to get the lights down and fix them. They were probably my biggest problem of all my lights but as it was only 4 of 180, I thought I probably got off lightly as far as problems were concerned.

JPB

Full time elf
logandc99 said:
I have very similar in white but 12v version. They are my window surrounds. However I did have about 4 pixels out of about 180 fail which was a little bit of a hassle having to get the lights down and fix them. They were probably my biggest problem of all my lights but as it was only 4 of 180, I thought I probably got off lightly as far as problems were concerned.
Logan, would you say your failures were due to water or other reasons?

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Don't think it was water. The windows where they failed are fairly sheltered by big eaves. Failures were also high up so in the most sheltered area. So not sure why they stopped working.

Edit: actually I remember one of the failures occurred due to a faulty T cable for power injection.

lukekamp

New elf
I also am a somewhat happy user of 5v pixels. I've had ridiculous amounts of water issues from the non-sealed pixels purchased for Christmas 2012. Worked great when they worked, but not when wet. I will only buy epoxy sealed now.