Has anyone experienced this with Xlights and LOR controllers?

lakeguy

New elf
Trouble with my set up it seems. Using Xlights 4. Have 2 LOR controllers running off of USB interface and one Alphapix 16 running 6 universes. The LOR Controllers (16 channel AC first then and then an 8 Channel CMB24d dumb RGB running 10 w floods) are set up on USB for the first 40 channels. The rest are for mega tree (E1.31) .

Problem: In Test and in my sequence, the 7th and 8th floods (Output 1, Channels 35 - 40) don't illuminate. The 6th flood only shows red (channels 32-34). When I test these devices using the LOR HW utility, they work just fine.

Any suggestions?

Gilrock

Full time elf
What model type did you select? If it's a single color model then you must use an effect with that color to get it to fire. If it's single color white then only grayscale RGB values will activate it where R=G=B.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Can you post a screenshot of the xlights setup page and potentially the model info pages for the elements not working.
Also do you have them setup as lor or dmx in the setup. If they are configured as LOR have you tried swapping them to DMX as it should make little difference to the controllers as nearly all LOR controllers will happily process DMX data.

lakeguy

New elf
here goes.

Have not attempted to set up in DMX. I do not have the crossover cable so setting them up in DMX didn't seem possible. Although at one point I saw some info about my Alpha pix 16 having RS485 outputs that could be used to connect the LOR controllers if I cut the plug off an ethernet cable and direct wired them.

Attachments

• model info for flood 6.gif
    model info for flood 6.gif
    249.9 KB · Views: 18
  • model info for flood 7.gif
    model info for flood 7.gif
    250.1 KB · Views: 13
  • model info for flood 8.gif
    model info for flood 8.gif
    249.7 KB · Views: 10
  • setup in xlights.gif
    setup in xlights.gif
    182.3 KB · Views: 14

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
I take it you are using LOR protocol not DMX

So you need LOR UNIT ID's / channels as such so there are no conflicts.

channels 1 - 16 = AC Controller 16 channels (DMX address 1)
channels 17 - 32 = AC Controller 16 channels (DMX address 17)
channels 33 - 56 = CMB24 - 24 channels (DMX Address 33) - This starts on Color Red

Channels 57 - 65 not used to keep in-line with LOR addressing

channels 66 on up = Alpha PIX (you want this to start on color RED in theory otherwise it can start on 64 or 65)

That is how I would do it.
Also I see you are disabled on your alphapix 1st output

Keep in mind LOR and DMX address ID's are different

LOR 1 = DMX 1
LOR 11 = DMX 17
LOR 21 = DMX 33

lakeguy

New elf
Yes correct. Only working in LOR for the LOR controllers (via the USB) whereas the Alphapix 16 is E1.31 via ethernet

let me see if I have this right.

I have 1 16 channel AC controller (LOR ID 1). Set this up on channels 1-16

I don't have a second AC controller. Should I still mark 17-32 in some way? (ie put them in but really not connect anything to them

Use Channels 33-56 as CMB24 (LOR ID 2) to get the red channel to start first (never contemplated the 'starting on red'. explains the color issue I just realized)

Start Alpha pix on 66 to get red first.

Please confirm and I will give that a run

Also, not sure how Alpha pix output one is disabled. Please let me know how I can check.

thanks for the help

lakeguy

New elf
tried the setup you defined bluzervic. However did not change the result. Will keep searching