having trouble with the SI 4713 on a Kulp 16 AB

shawn880

New elf
good afternoon, I have been struggling to keep the fm transmitter working to a level where you can pick up sound from more than just a few feet away. Ive tried shortening, lengthening the antenna, dipole, etc. and it its still terrible. i cant seem to figure it out. can someone please help and point me in the right direction. i have ordered a sound blaster and stand alone fm transmitter if this thing wont work. i am at my wits end. thanks in advance
shawn

TerryK

Retired Elf
Not too much information on this device. Adafruit indicates a range of about 30 feet which isn't much and that it needs an attached antenna wire. They do not indicate how long the antenna should be. Not sure if or how well it may work but I would attach a wire approximately 4.5 feet and hang it vertical. Does not need to be taunt but keep it as straight as possible.

shawn880

New elf
Not too much information on this device. Adafruit indicates a range of about 30 feet which isn't much and that it needs an attached antenna wire. They do not indicate how long the antenna should be. Not sure if or how well it may work but I would attach a wire approximately 4.5 feet and hang it vertical. Does not need to be taunt but keep it as straight as possible.
Im giving up with it and ordered another transmitter and sound blaster. I hope this works, but thank you