Having troubles with channels pixlite16, vixen & FPP .. 300 pixels on an output

tooms

12v4life
Hi all .. hoping someone can point me in the right direction, I have a pixlite 16 and on one output I have 300 pixels attached, everything works ok except the last 20-30 pixels (i haven't counted yet) are a slightly different colour, if I do a test from the pixlite controller all pixels light up correctly, how ever my sequences I do with vixen it really stands out .. I'm using Vixen to sequence and then exporting to FPP, I suspect it has something to do with channel mappings.

I'm using output #2 on the pixlite, start universe is 1, start channel 301 (I have another 100 pixels on output #1 already), end universe is 3 and end channel is 180.

I've read somewhere else that channels 511 and 512 cant be used, could it be a problem with my mappings in Vixen or FPP ? it looks like it's just a couple of channels off as they light up, but just the wrong colour.

I originally just swapped the whole last string out after adding more power injection into it, new string does exactly the same.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
It will be the 170 pixels using 510 channels out of the 512 that is the issue.

tooms

12v4life
this is the pixlite setup:

pixlite_mapping.png

zoobmarine

New elf
Just like AHH Mentioned you need to change the Universe size to 510 on FPP

tooms

12v4life
Thanks .. I'll give it a go and report back, I was going to post it in the chat but realised my explanation of what I thought was going on might be a bit long winded

tooms

12v4life
Thanks all .. setting it to 510 channels on the FPP seemed to have fixed it!