Hello All and Merry Christmas to me

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I've got to say what a great website/Forum. So much info. I've had a little trouble waiting for my activation email and whilst I was waiting found even more info to answer some of the questions I was busting to find the answers to.

Anyway, a little about myself. I'm in central northern NSW and have been doing a few static Christmas displays for the last few years. Thought I'd hit the big time last year when I discovered the 20m 5050 LED strips with a controller. How wrong I was. Just out of curiosity I went on to google/youtube and looked up Christmas lights. My world opened up there and then. The yanks have taken it to a new level. Amazing and fantastic stuff.

Cut a long story short I now have a LOR showtime central starter package on the way from USA. Can't wait. Probably should have asked a few questions on here before purchasing but thought, what the heck, if they can do it, surely I can work it out. I also didn't know about here beforehand either.

So now I've got a 16 channels to run and a show to program. I've had a look at the software and I think I have the basics worked out so that I can at least get something together. I'm sure there will be questions. My first steps were to take an inventory of what lights I have and to map out a plan of where I want to put them in the yard before I start programming.

The inventory process has brought me back to earth with a bang. Here I was thinking I had heaps of lights and would probably have to double up some on a few of the channels. Counted them and I only have 12 led strings (varying from
200 lights to 600 lights), 2 led reindeers, a set of candy canes, a star and the 20m (2x10m) LED 5050 magic dream colour strip. Need more. Just can't work out why all my interests/sports seem to have never ending wish lists that cost lumps of money.

I'm sure I will get more stuff over time, just probably not to much before this Christmas unfortunately.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to working my way through the issues with your help and contributing where possible. This Chrissy is going to be great.

Roy

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to the forum Roy.
The Yanks haven't taken it to a whole new level a lovely lady on the North Island of NZ has. Have a look at vids by ShellNZ. At least a number of us here can say we contributed to helping her.
Make sure you grab Fasteddys 101 from somewhere here on the forum and if you can make it to 1 of the lighting mini expos in the next few weeks they are worth going to.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Merry Xmass roy,
If you want to blow all your dreams out, goto the video section of ACL.
I believe we still beat the americans, but everyone's show is different, an that what makes everyone's show different.
on a different note..
Welcome to ACL

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Just went to the videos section. Wholly Molly. I think ShellNZ's lights would fade the paint on her car. There is some great lights in those videos. So many to watch and so little time. I can see I'm going to have to write down the great ideas I see as by the time I've watched the third video I forgot what I really liked in the first one. This is like the never ending story, just add money. yeehah!!!

Karob

Let there be Light!
Welcome to the family Roy.

you have found the perfect place to help your display move to the next step. There is always someone willing to help you get what you want out of your display.

There are some great examples of growth of displays in the video section, click through the years and you will see how the displays have grown, mostly by help and sharing of information by ACL members.

I hope you brought your credit card, you will want more and more and more after we have finished with you.

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Welcome to ACL!

As I just said to another new member "enaxor", LOR is well represented here as are the other options such as LightShowPro and HLS (I'm sure they will try and convert you).

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome59.gif

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Kaden said:
Welcome to ACL!

.......the other options such as LightShowPro and HLS.

Thank you all for your warm welcome. Before I bought the LOR gear I did do the obligatory Google search for Christmas light shows and Christmas light controllers and I didn't see LightShowPro or HLS. Even after another search I'm still not sure what HLS is.

Anyway, I look forward to getting the CLAP. The fact that I feel impatient like a boy in a candy store is not a good sign. And it's only April.