Hello all, My name is Grace and I am located in WA.

GCJY

New elf
Hello all, My name is Grace and I am located in WA. I have been putting out small dimly lit ( pun intended) fully solar powered Christmas decors.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
A late welcome to ACL. Solar powered lights are fine. As long as you're lighting up that's the main thing. Despite having pixels and normal led strings under computer control I still run a number of solar lights. My solar santa has traditionally been the first part of my display that gets lit up each year.

GCJY

New elf
A late welcome to ACL. Solar powered lights are fine. As long as you're lighting up that's the main thing. Despite having pixels and normal led strings under computer control I still run a number of solar lights. My solar santa has traditionally been the first part of my display that gets lit up each year.
Thank you for the welcoming me, i know i can't beat the huge displays, but i am wanting to find ways to make be able to use those foldable portable solar panels used for campings to be able to light up the huge AC type displays.

HertzSwift

Apprentice elf
I mean it's definitely possible, but can we ask why you'd want to do this? do you have a grid issue at night or the likes? I live in the City Of Gosnells and one of the prizes they offer is to Best Solar Display, you're definitely spoiled for choice when it comes to styles of display pieces and string lights, there are so many available (many with questionable quality though..)

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Grace. A number of members over in the Perth area on here too so I'm sure you'll be able to find some local inspiration once the displays are up.

GCJY

New elf
I mean it's definitely possible, but can we ask why you'd want to do this? do you have a grid issue at night or the likes? I live in the City Of Gosnells and one of the prizes they offer is to Best Solar Display, you're definitely spoiled for choice when it comes to styles of display pieces and string lights, there are so many available (many with questionable quality though..)
yes we are indeed spoilt for choice but the quality is questionable, I agree with you there....but I want a fully solar display just to be unique....so really I am thinking it would be great, if I can just plug a regular DC powered statue into a battery that is connected to those foldable solar panels. I don't know how to do electrics....so that's a problem hahahah