Hello all

Julie

New elf
hi all not sure if I am doing this right technology not my strong point.
I note that majority of your members are quite talented and capable of building and designing their own displays. My husband and I have been putting up decorations for many years and whilst we have always had a good display of colour the newer versions of movement and sound are a bit beyond our capabilities. It is an effort these days to climb the 2nd level of the home to install the light as we do not bounce like we use too. When we lived in another part of Sydney many years ago we employed a company to supply and install flexilight as it was called in those does in a permanent channel outlining the house with a controller (very state of the art in the 90's) and then we added movement through other decorations etc. Which bring me to your forum and hopefully some help. We are hoping one of your members may know of such a company on the coast to help us design and install lights to our home. We are capable of external lower level installation but as mentioned would like a permanent set as a basis with sound etc which we can build on. Thankyou.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi Julie, welcome to ACL!
I see you're in NSW - I think it would be great if you could attend this year's "mini" - an expo where all us like-minded lighting and decorating enthusiasts get together to discuss techniques, technology and everything in between. There are a mixed skill levels across the group and we're a friendly bunch, so dont be afraid to ask questions either in the forums if you can't find what you're looking for, or in chat - there's always someone around!
https://auschristmaslighting.com/th...8-rsvp-here-what-topics-and-presenters.10423/

kinglights

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL..I believe your best bet is to look over the 101 manual and see if you and your hubby can attend a mini..Its a great opportunity to meet other people with a passion for Christmas Lights and a great place to learn and ask questions. All the best