Hello All!

frank De santo

New elf
Hi Guys,

I'm starting to get into the whole synchronised light show stuff as I want to take my display to a new level. As I am unfamiliar with a lot of this I'm hoping to pick your brains and get some advice. Any advice I get will be greatly appreciated.

Was thinking of starting out with either the LOR or pixlite16 from advatek lights. Your thoughts on this?

Look forward to getting to know you all and learn a lot from you.

Thanks

Frank De Santo

Eastwood16G

Full time elf
Hi Frank, welcome to ACL. I'd say don't start your thinking with the sequencing programs. I use Vixen 3 and will defend it to the death but other programs exist.

Imagine what your display will do. That will determine whether it will be strings, pixels or whatever mix. That will determine your controller choices, etc.

R

dale82

Senior elf
If you are wanting to do controll pixels there is also j1systems controllers and they are great. Jump into chat and there is always someone that is willing to help. I Use LSP to sequence and I think it's perfect for an all pixel display but that is just my opinion. And everyone has their favourite program

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome58.gif

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Welco e to ACL. :) . You have time to research and get advice frim heaps of people on here..personally , i use LOR with j1sys also.

B_P_J

Full time elf
Welcome Frank, you have many helpful people on here that are always willing to answer any questions you may have, good luck with this years planning... 8)

gerry

Senior elf
Welcome to ACL Frank,

As already indicated , everyone has their preferences or dislikes 9dpending on when they started and what the level of a particular software program was at that time).

I use LSP and have both J1SYS and Pixlite controllers and am very happy with both. Depends on what you want to do initially.