Hello from Chandlers Hill SA

WKM

New elf
Hi All
I started doing christmas lights many years ago when my kids where little, we sought of made it a christmas tradition. Anyway my kids are now at UNI and the original set of incandescent bulbs are long gone, yeah! (what a pain trying to find the dud bulb). The strings are now all lead and every year we try and do something a little different. I have purchased some RGB strips to upgrade the 2.4m christmas tree. We would also like to make some jumping arches this year, they look so cool. After much discussion with my son we decided the best way was to use pixel strips, they have also been ordered, I'm now looking for the HDPE tubing that is used to make the arch, does anyone know a supplier in Adelaide?
Wayne

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi Wayne and welcome to ACL!
You will find heaps of info within the forums but a great place to start is the 101 document on the front page - do yourself a favor and have a read (a few times!) and if you have any questions, ask away in the forum or jump into the chat room. We also get together on zoom conference on friday evenings. A great way to share your screen setups if your having any more technical issues.
I'm sure one of the many ADE members will be able to point you in the direction of some tubing for arches - they have become quite popular the last 12 months.
Cheers, Graham

Kitman

Full time elf
There is a supplier of the HDPE (Well as close as we can get) tube in Adelaide, no need to pay the high shipping price of that ebay seller.

HoseTek are in SA. I was nominated to contact them to ask about the cost and if they sell to the public.

Well good news is they do sell to the public and was provided the following prices.

Size ID - Size OD - Product Code - Standard Coil Lengths - Price per meter - Price per roll
25mm - 32mm - TLDPE-025 - 30m and 100m - $3.00 per meter - 30m $90.00 100m $300.00
32mm - 37mm - TLDPE-032 - 30m and 100m - $4.00 per meter - 30m $120.00 100m $400.00

You can also see more about the HDPE tube in this thread https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/air-seeder-pipe-arch.9227/

WKM

New elf
Thanks for the warm welcome guys
I have some more questions about the HDPE tube but I think I will head over to the air seeder thread that Kitman has linked to.

CrazyCatLady

New elf
Welcome to ACL @WKM :)
Great to see another Rads member on here, we're close by at Sheidow Park. There's heaps of info on this site, if you cant find something you're looking for, start a new thread or pop into chat and someone might be able to help you.
Enjoy,
Sarah