Hello from Charlestown NSW

JonD

New elf
HI everyone.
2017 will be our first Christmas light show (hopefully) we do a very large Halloween setup every year but not much for Christmas :( so we decided that this year we would change that.
Our Halloween Haunted Mansion Maze that we have will be converted into a Christmas maze telling to Night before Christmas story. Just have to remove a few corpses!
also i have stated to look into the christmas light display for the main house. I have been playing around with the XLights controller and so far like what it does. I'm now researching what Led lights to go with and controllers.
I am planing on outlining the 2 story house and roof and placing a mega tree in the yard. possibly some arches and will be using the projectors in the windows for our virtual Santa and workshops again. (kids love those).
of course we will also be using all this setup for halloween as well. :)

Habbosrus

Back again
G'day Jon, It's great to have another Novacastrian on board. We didn't have a light show for 2016, but intend to get back into it for 2017. I can't tell you how many times I've been reminded that people missed the show. It sounds like you've already got a good start on things. The people here on ACL are awesome and I'm sure you will make some lifelong friends as well as gain some invaluable knowledge and advice.

Habbosrus

Back again
OzAz said:
Hi from another Novocastrian
at this rate we could hold our own mini expo :D
I'm up for it or maybe even just an initial get together. It might then be worthwhile doing something bigger. Happy to meet somewhere central to have a chat (and maybe a refreshing ale) in the near future. Alternatively, I'd be more than happy to have something at my place or travel to someone else's place. I'm rusty after 12 months off, but keen to get back into things.

JonD

New elf
wow so many locals, Thats awesome.
Id be very much willing to a catchup with everyone :)
I'm very happy to travel anyplace or host.
I have been watching a few video online from the Mini's of past they look very helpful will have to keep an eye out for any.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys

Habbosrus

Back again
Okay, why don't we start with just a simple meet and greet to start things off? We can discuss the possibility for a future Newcastle mini and other stuff.
Is there any interest in gathering at my place in Swansea next weekend (14/15-1-17), either Saturday or Sunday as a starter? If we procrastinate, it may not happen, so let's make a start. We can arrange another meeting at someone else's place in the following weeks too.

By the way, I'm home today and tomorrow if anybody would like to visit and have a chat.

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Welcome to the Madhouse,

good to see another local*. I'm up the valley a bit in Muswellbrook. If you haven't done so yet, read the 101 Manual.

*At this rate I wonder if we should move the Sydney Mini to the Valley ? ;)

The idea of a cleansing Ale sounds good Habbo, although next week doesn't suit me, and with all my shift work I'l usually need a bit of notice.

Cheers
Fing

JonD

New elf
Thank you everyone for your welcomes.

Habbosrus said:
Is there any interest in gathering at my place in Swansea next weekend (14/15-1-17), either Saturday or Sunday as a starter? If we procrastinate, it may not happen, so let's make a start. We can arrange another meeting at someone else's place in the following weeks too.

Im free anytime on Saturday if you'd like to get together.

roo

Full time elf
Welcome JonD, Bonnells Bay here. Been to your mansion oh no what will happen with the geocaching Halloween. Sorry guys wont be able to make this weekend but will be interested in other dates

Habbosrus

Back again
How does 1.30pm sound? I'm just plucking a time out of thin air, so if another time is better, let me know.
Any and all are welcome.
We can make it a meet and greet and arrange further catch-ups or possibly even a future Central Coast/Hunter mini.
6 Wallace Street, Swansea

JonD

New elf
roo said:
Welcome JonD, Bonnells Bay here. Been to your mansion oh no what will happen with the geocaching Halloween. Sorry guys wont be able to make this weekend but will be interested in other dates

Thats a name i recognise lol don't worry the Mansion Maze will continue :) i just felt we needed to Light up for christmas as well.

Habbosrus said:
How does 1.30pm sound? I'm just plucking a time out of thin air, so if another time is better, let me know.
Any and all are welcome.
We can make it a meet and greet and arrange further catch-ups or possibly even a future Central Coast/Hunter mini.
6 Wallace Street, Swansea

That sounds awesome to me. i will keep an eye out if times change but if not i will see you there.