Hello From Florida

chrisH

New elf
Hello everyone, My name is Chris and I am a newbie to RGB Christmas lights. My wife and I have installed the RGB house outline with a falcon V3 running the show. It looks pretty good. I was concerned on running power injection, but found that I could use 16 awg. extension cords with a run of 100 ft with no voltage loss over the 100 ft. we have 500 12 volt Rgb's on our house with an extra 500 to create a matrix or prop.

I did have a few problems connecting to the controller at first (Mac plugged directly to controller using ethernet) and found that I had to bridge the connection of the mac's wifi and the controller together under internet sharing. Now I have plugged it into the router so I can take the laptop outside and edit the show while watching the effects on the house.

I also do video projecting on our house, can anyone explain how X-lights can project video to the projector so x-schedule could run the projector and the lights?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, as you are already discovering there is a wealth of info and great help from the members here. I hope you enjoy the forum and its resources