Hello from Grand Rapids, Ohio

skyjumpr

New elf
This will be my second season for RGB display. This past year was a learning experience, but everything went well and I enjoyed the experience almost as the guests enjoyed the lights.
My 2016 display consisted of a mixture of strip, node and C9 style pixels on the house controlled with an alphapix 16 controller via rasberry pi, along with my older LOR controls doing what they do with a mix of incandescent and led strings in the yard and trees. Years past I used LOR for the sequences however this year I started using xLights and am still amazed at the amount of versatility the software has.
This year I am adding a 20 feet pixel tree and whatever other arches and smaller elements I can whip up. I am enjoying the hobby and am lucky enough to have full support from my better half. ;)
I am not aware of anyone in my area that does this kind of display, so I do a lot of reading and learning via the internet.

Glad to have a place to broaden my knowledge, and perhaps even help another newbie with the little that I know.

Laron

skyjumpr

New elf
heathwithnoteeth, We get that a lot :) . Grand Rapids Ohio is just a small town south of Toledo.

ah cool... sorry about that. We drove through Ohio, visited the state fair. A lot like our Royal Agricultural Show here in South Australia... but i was surprised you don't have showbags (ie, sample bags of candy, toys etc) which I found out later on is a uniquely Australian thing.

Dabil

New elf
Hey just so you know there are a few of us in the hobby near you in Oregon, OH.

This is my first year in the hobby as I prepare for Christmas 2017. My father-in-law has been doing a show for a few years now. And there is the Wynn Road Christmas lights that have been going on for years.

I have 3800 pixel lights in my show planned. Consisting of a 16x50 mega tree, 5 leaping arches with 11 spoke fan, 2 24x24 matrices, a double run of lights on the roofline with 3,4,5,4 row of icicles, and same line on both dormers.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know you aren't alone in the area. If we get enough people maybe we can do a meet and greet and share ideas.

My family makes a trip every fall to Grand Rapids, OH just to go to the shops and enjoy a walk along the river.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk