Hello from Melbourne

Jeremy D

New elf
HI All,

Currently running a static display that runs from 8pm to 2am for all of december till jan 7
95% of what i run is led based but no smarts

next year i plan on having the following
2 AC LOR controllers to control the static lights
2 Falcon F16v3s running all my led pixels (i have a wide front yard)
audio driven by a sonos connect amp
10 leaping arches
several runs of rgb strips
several rgb down lights (plan on using this as outside lights all year round)
if i get time i plan on making the following
rgb matrix
several north poles
maybe some dmx lights if i get time and money

currently playing with xlights to see how i want to plan my setup

feel free to make any suggestions

Ellis

Naughty Elf
Welcome!

You're on the right track with planning ahead, sounds like you have a good plan in place.

Setting up a layout in xlights is a great place to start.

I have no experience with LOR but ran Basic 2 string LEDs from some of AAH's DMX controllers this year, that works very well.

Anyway, read the 101 manual if you haven't already and jump into chat to ask questions.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
welcome to the group im sure you will find Xlights is what you need. sounds like you have the rest under control

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
HI Jeremy and welcome to ACL!
Looks like you already have a plan formulated and know what gear you want to get which is sometimes half the battle starting out.
Recommend you follow the Melbourne Mini thread: https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/melbourne-mini-2018-discussion.10486/
Minis are where we all get together and discuss topics and show off some of our creations, fielding questions about how it all works and generally putting faces to names - a must for all blinky enthusiasts!

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Do your static lights have transformers / mutli-function controllers? If so they won't work so good off LOR AC controllers.
Depending if they are 2 or 3 string leds, then as Ellis said, you'd be better off with one of @AHH 's boards

Also consider getting an FM transmitter (can be used in conjunctions with a speaker) if you have visitors that just drive up and watch from their cars.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
LOR AC boards aren't that great for controlling LEDs as the current is too low and they will often latch on. They are also very dear on a per channel basis. I make a bunch of different boards that could potentially be used for controlling them. The price per channel can get as low as 1/10 of what LOR AC costs. Welcome to ACL and hope to see you at the Melb mini if we can get it organised.

Alan

livetoride

Full time elf
Welcome mate, Enjoy your stay and remember to check out the Melbourne mini which you can meet fellow CLAPPERS like us so you can learn lots of information in a couple of days!