Hello from North Carolina

MikeA6453

New elf
I started about four years ago with an LOR system. Started with one controller and a simple setup. Decided to add another controller the next year for a tree. I would tweak the show each year and add more sequences and occasionally do a halloween show. Neighbors really enjoyed it. I was interested in pixels, but seemed difficult to program and expensive with the LOR system. I stumbled across this site and discovered the xlights software and pixel controllers and now seems doable. I'm gathering a wealth of knowledge from the forums and videos and looking forward to having an RGB show in the works for this year.

cmitcham

New elf
what??? you're reading the forum and watching videos? that's not what you are supposed to do. you should simply post to the forum asking exactly what you need to buy, and how to hook it up. like the 88 other threads i have seen in the last week or so on facebook and several forum sites.

sorry, rant finished. really clicked on your thread because fayetteville is home and i was homesick :)

calvin.

MikeA6453

New elf
Hi Calvin,

Yeah, I'm probably in the minority, but without all the other questions I wouldn't have anything to read or watch. :) I'm sure I'll have questions soon enough. I'm just next door to your home town in Raeford, NC.

BigRedNole

New elf
Hi Mike. I am in NC as well. A little over an hour north near Raleigh. I have nothing at the moment, but did look at LOR a while back. I am getting started this year and creating a Falcon, pixel, xlight display by XMas 2019. Lots to learn for me too.

MikeA6453

New elf
I was happy with the LOR for a quick setup and to try it out. It now feels limiting and like you, I'm looking at the Falcon controllers and xlights for more options.