fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, you will find lots of info on anything RGB so feel free to ask what you need and also jump into the chat room as there are lots of very helpful guys there

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Welcome to ACL! Sounds like you have a lot what you need already. LOR will work with most, if not all of the controllers out there, so you are not held to buying ccr's. LOR is plug and play but expensive. There are a lot of other controllers/pixels out there that you can work with, but you need to learn about them. There are a many great people here to help you when ever you need it. Stop by chat every now and then. Again: welcome

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome39.png

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL

I am on my 4th year with LOR, now 32ch and 6 CCR's. I really enjoy the stability and ease of use (PnP) of S3 & SS etc. I like the reliability of LOR's controllers. I like the CCR controllers and power supplies are specifically designed for their task. I like the warranty & factory support.
Of course all those 'likes' come at a price, which frankly, is expected. Research costs money.
I do not like the current channel limitations of LOR. I don't like that you can't group elements together for entire display fades etc.
IMO, LOR is slower at coming out with improvements and/or new abilities, but are typically stable and reliable.

All that said, I think your idea of mixing the best of both worlds may be the way to go.

There are no dumb questions on these forums or in the chat room. Many very friendly folks here are more than glad to help you with your CLAP!!! :D
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem

Again, Welcome.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Gso125 said:
Finally got to watch fasteddys xmas videos great set up I thought I saw it somewhere on here how you set it up but can't find it now. I'm going to buy LSP but the site was down. I'm also making a list and most likely buying 5vdc pixels from Ray wu for display House /garage, mega tree arches / mini trees. I down loaded lights 101 great stuff. I'm just nervous its a big step in sequencing all those channels, i got a ton for 48 ch lor is there a place to buy large rgb/pixel sequences ? I'm also waiting on j1sys controllers to be available seems to be the way to go. So making my list and ill start getting stuff soon.

The LSP site is currently down as it was found it had been compromised in google after the website underwent an upgrade. So this is currently being investigated and fixed and they hope the LSP website will be back up within the next day or 2

As far as pixel sequences then no as pixels will vary greatly between different shows and users. Thats is one of the disadvantages of pixels is that it is so flexible that it really doesnt make itself good for generic seuqneces as now with pixels each element is individual depending on how many pixels are used and the location of those pixels

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL

from your "neighbor" over in NY!

I too am an LOR user since 08' but am in the process of converting over to LSP so I can get the pixel craze myself as well! A lot of things to change over but worth it in the long run. Some of my sequences are over 250 channels as I used a lot of blow molds in my display along with my 96 string LED mega tree.
I am just converting things over to LSP first to make sure that everything will work and then I plan to change my windows over from 4 strings of LEDS to RGB strips. Then the roof outline will get changed and finally I will make either a pixel tree or else a pixel matrix as I have not decided fully yet on one or the other.