1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Hello from South Carolina

Discussion in 'New Members Say Hello' started by Kale, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Kale

Kale New Elf Generous Elf

Hey everyone, I have been following AusChristmasLighting for a few months now. Everyone one on here is very impressive.

I'm using a Pi, 1x San Device E6804 and xlights for my display this year. I have my gutters and garage outlined so far. Just bought some pex tubing and supplies for my arches. Lastly, waiting on some snow flakes from Holidaycoro (be here Friday). I was one of the guy swho just jumped straight in, I didn't really plan very well, I just got on ebay and ordered 14, 12v 2811s and 10 5v bullets (like back in April) without really thinking. Everything is working out though, i just figured out how to use the 5v nodes with my controller. I didn't really want to buy another controller this year!!

Well thats that, hopefully I still have time to get my sequence done before Dec 1. Take care

Robbo likes this.
  2. scamper

scamper Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    Welcome to the nuthouse :D er umm ACL :)
    In my opinion what you have done is the best way to learn. I did the same the first year, bought a few bits and pieces, came up with some props, sequenced (that was the first WOW moment) then bought some more lights.
    When I had set everything up, it was great... But still not enough lights. So I had standard big W lights to "fill in the blanks"
    Each year i learnt a little more and added a bit more.
    i am still learning and adding :thumbsup:
    Oh, and I still haven't sequenced any new songs for this year, so I am sort of in the same boat :eek:

Kale likes this.
  3. NTKing(Brad)

NTKing(Brad) Full Time Elf

Find Me On:
    Kale likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Kale

Kale New Elf Generous Elf

Thanks Brad, I have been messing around with the google drive and already started looking for who's sequences I'm going to steal, hehe. I think it is extremely helpful for people in my situation, who are just starting out and a little over whelmed with the sequencing bit. I will be sure to give credit to the owner though!! Thanks for your inputs.

5. djgra79

djgra79 My name is Graham & I love flashing lights! Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Hi Kale, welcome to ACL officially! (although we already met via chat yesterday!)
    Looking forward to seeing your show progress.

Kale likes this.