Hello from Sydney Australia

Binny

Apprentice elf
Hi All,

Im David from Sydney NSW.

I have a daughter age 5, so hope to show her a Christmas display at home.

I hope to build the 6 or 12 strand Christmas Tree CCR as seen on LOR.

I hope this is a good starting place to find a cheaper way to build it. Also looking for ideas for a great light up star.

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Welcome to ACL! There are many cheaper ways to go other than CCR's and LOR hardware, but be prepared for a steep learning curve and much time involved. LOR S3 advanced will work with most if not all hardware out there, but if you want a quick and easy show LOR and LOR hardware is the way to go but will be expensive. The only thing I would guard against is Superstar, you don't need it. With a little work there is another free program that will do most everything Superstar will. It's called xlights/nutcracker. People here will help you through the process of learning. Stop by chat and say hi. Have fun and again, Welcome to ACL.
John

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, which part of Sydney are you from, one of the best ways to get up and going is to network with some members nearby and have a look at what they are doing. Also jump into the chat room as there are a bunch of great mebers always willing to help.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL David

Lots of very friendly folks here will be glad to help you so you can put together a display for your daughter.
A 12 ray tree may be a little ambitious this late in the year, but if you pick up on stuff quickly it is doable.

As already suggested, the new revised 2nd addition AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is a great resource.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Welcome Binny. The kids love the lights. Well the kids make Christmas full stop. Can't beat their enthusiasm. Welcome to the world of lights. Maybe one day the Vivid festival will come to you instead of people going to it!

Binny

Apprentice elf
Hi,

Thanks, for all the intros.

I often walk past at night thinking if I should ask how they do it to music. I guess we all start some where.

I'm living in Gladesville, just 20 mins from Sydney city.

Looking forward to chatting with you all and learning as I go along. Start small this year and will continue to build.

Again, thanks all.

Binny.

mborg10

Michael Borg
It's not that hard once you get into it. The problem is once the CLAP has you there's no escape. And say goodbye to spare time and spare money.

jspaulding22

New elf
Welcome Binny. I have learned a lot on this site over the past 2 years. I am sure you will do the same. These guys are a great resource. The kids watching my lights is the main reason I do this every year now. EnjoyJoe