Hello from the Pacific Northwest

ChiefKC

New elf
Hi,

I am new to the hobby, however I have been lurking the forums for the past few months now. I am looking to set up a display next year and wanted to get started already. Since this is my first year, I wanted a nice display however I didn't want to go overboard, which would be very easy for me to do with this. The elements I'm planning are for a 12 LED strip tree with a 5 channel star, 6 boscoyo mini-trees around a static inflatable santa, and pixels lining the house trim and windows. I'm currently testing which sequencing software I want to use, however I am seeing a lot of people like xlights. My plan was to have most of the sequencing completed and most of the props built by the time summer arrives so I can thoroughly test my setup before the season arrives. I have spent 20 years working in the electrical field and remodeled my own house so the DIY aspect of the hobby appeals to me alot. Please forgive any stupid questions that I may have. Thanks

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL! No such thing as a stupid question so ask away! Be sure to check out the 101 manual too as this might answer your questions already :)

CaptainMurdoch

Apprentice elf
Try to fit time in your plans to come down to the annual NorthWest C.L.A.P. (Christmas Light Addiction Problem) meeting down in Olympia on April 29th. It's an all day free meeting with sessions covering various Christmas Lighting related topics and could give you even more ideas for this year or next. It's also a good way to make contacts in the area. I think we normally have anywhere from 40-70 people show up. I'm from up in Lynden and have made the trip the past few years and presented a few sessions as well.