Hello from the US

Just got convinced by Bigstott to try out the LED lighting. His displays are amazing and it's time to start my set up. Learned a lot in the last 3 days, and today we're in the process of getting our order lined up and submitted.
Still a bit nervous about the hardware purchasing.

Hoping to learn as fast as I can if I plan on getting ours up before Christmas.

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL, nothing like putting some pressure on yourself with a close deadline. Jump on chat anytime you need help as there is usually someone around to point you in the right direction.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome57.gif

i13

Dedicated elf
Hi CoachPlaneDriver and welcome to ACL

bigstott has quite a huge display.

I hate to be this brutally honest but you're setting yourself an unrealistic goal trying to get computer controlled lights working in time for this year. The displays you see in the video section are year-round projects. You could try asking what to buy but no-one can take your specific requirements into account so it is best to build up the knowledge and understand the reasons behind the suggestions. After that, there is still a huge amount of setting up required and waiting for orders to arrive before this is possible.

A good starting point is the ACL 101 manual.

I suggest posting your planned order on the forums; you'll be able to get good feedback and suggestions to reduce the number of mistake purchases or things you wish you'd known about.

gerry

Senior elf
Welcome to ACL.

What are you ordering for this year and from where ? As per I3 , you may be better off doing something small and then expanding next year. People will be busy setting up their displays and may not be able to respond to questions as quickly - unless you have someone close to you who can come over and help.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL
It never to late ;)
I would suggest a small display maybe 1 controller and no RGB's for this year.
Here in the US the shows usually start Thanksgiving and end New Year.
So only about 3 weeks, but never fear, 1st show usually does not start when you wanted it to start. :D