1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Hello from Townsville.

Discussion in 'New Members Say Hello' started by bretheron, May 9, 2014.

1. bretheron

bretheron Been bitten by the bug.

Find Me On:
    Hi, I am from Townsville Queensland. Born and bred here. I am an electrician by trade.
    Townsville has a decent size list of Christmas lights contributors, it did die down but has picked up dramatically over the last couple of years. We have a few streets that are amazing to walk or drive through.
    My first time ever of putting up lights was last year let alone synchronising them and started with 32 channels of 240V LOR. I got interested in it and for my lack of understanding and research that is what I found available. I like to think I know a bit more now though thanks to this site. I basically got it all purchased and going in a couple of months before Christmas last year and have not looked back.
    I did about an hour and a half of songs that I just set up to go and repeat. I have a feeling that will be reduced this year. I also used a full sleigh and reindeer set up that used to be the old Willows shopping town Christmas display and had a blow up Santa in it and lights for the reins. I had quite a few large fake trees that I lit up with flood lights to the music as well. I even managed to set up a 12v TV on the fence line hooked up to the garden lights playing the song list, radio station and random pictures. Even though some people apparently wound their windows down to hear the music and drove off because they couldn't hear it. I may need a bigger TV.
    I have started on RGB and pixels this year and have never looked forward to Christmas so much in my life. I think I may get sick of the music though. I do like LOR and Superstar and will see how I go with it this year. It is a huge learning curve now and I will be asking a lot of silly questions if I can not find the answer so persevere with me. This Hobby certainly lets loose a creative side.

Cheers.

Attached Files:

2. bjpc2716

bjpc2716 need more lights to light up the world

Find Me On:
    sweet setup welcome aboard if need help drop in the chat room

3. Jago

Jago New Elf

Another Brownsvillian.

I am leaving Townsville in a month.

There was a display In Kelso that was ment to be synced to music but never saw it run.

I know there is a display in Ayr.

There is the static displays in Kirwan off Kern Brothers Drive.

4. BundyRoy

BundyRoy Dedicated Elf

Welcome Bruce. It's not hard to tell that you work with switchboards looking at the photos. Very impressive. Good spot Townsville. I lived at Ayr for a couple of years many years ago. Always had a good time when we went to Townsville. 25 degrees in winter was always pleasant too.

5. firebug

firebug Senior Elf

Welcome to ACL Bruce. .. 8)

6. OP
    OP
    bretheron

bretheron Been bitten by the bug.

Find Me On:
    I am the one in Kelso. I did not get a chance to have a look at the one in Ayr, maybe this year. The full streets in Kirwan are fantastic, it really is a sight to behold.
    The other one to music was in Anadale.
    Thanks guys. Winter is great here, we can swim all year round. Pity the summer is so bloody humid.

7. mborg10

mborg10 Michael Borg

Welcome to ACL. With your knowledge of electrical I'm sure it will open up lots of doors for your display.

8. Jago

Jago New Elf

I must of been outside your place at a bad time and you didn't have the display running.

9. Bird

Bird Proud LOR user

[​IMG]
    to ACL Bruce

10. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Welcome to ACL, you will find all you need to know from these forums and its great members, so dont be afraid to ask any questions.
    The fact that your an electrician should go a long way in helping you get up to speed in this hobby.

11. gerry

gerry Senior Elf

Welcome to the forum !

12. kel

kel Dedicated Elf

[​IMG]

13. Kaden

Kaden Pixels! I need more pixels!

Welcome to ACL!