Hello from Virginia, United States

HydroWVU

New elf
Greetings from Northern Virginia outside Washington DC. This is my second year sequencing. I have only one LOR [SIZE=small]CTB16. My wife has told me that I have to add more channels if I want to purchase more christmas lights. So I am looking to upgrade this year. Maybe adding one more AC controller, and take the plunge into the world of RGB as well. I have tons of questions about RBG's and controllers. I have read quite a bit already on a couple of different forums, but almost every other forum pointed me here. Also I am intrigued by the new E1.31 network, and I am thinking about switching over to that instead of the world of LOR. Not sure what i am getting in to. I look forward to reading through the forums.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Thank you[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]John[/SIZE]

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Well John, Welcome aboard, if its information on the different lighting networks you want, you have found the best place on the net to learn.

LOR equipment has its place, as does all the other manufacturers gear, however, this forum can help you maximise what you get from your investment.

hdracer

There is no rehab for the CLAP
Hello from Texas! You have found the right place for a well rounded lighting experience... Hope you have a good doctor... This place will give you the worst case of the C.L.A.P (Christmas Lights Addiction Problem)

Welcome aboard to ACL!!! join us in chat if you haven't yet!

Read this manual to get a little more closer to pixels and controllers...

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,1889.0.html

Habbosrus

Back again
G'day John, welcome to ACL mate. You're obviously thinking of change so HLS may be worth taking a look at. It has a very good LOR conversion that many have used and from the reports I have read, they have been quite easy.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome top ACL, lots of great info, advice and people here to guide you to your new adventures with RGB lighting

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL John
Lots of very friendly folks here will be glad to assist in your new lighting adventures.

Gilrock

Full time elf
HydroWVU said:
Also I am intrigued by the new E1.31 network, and I am thinking about switching over to that instead of the world of LOR.

You can do E1.31 and LOR...it's not an either/or choice. I kinda like what I ended up with after my testing post xmas. If you can get a Falcon Pi Player (FPP) up and running you can actually run sequences from several software packages at the same time. You could in theory develop sequences in LOR, LSP, and HLS and convert them with xLights to run on the FPP. Add in Nutcracker effects if desired. And there is always a place for some A/C LOR controllers in any show so you can buy something like a J1SYS P12S which has 2 DMX outputs and use those outputs to run the LOR controllers. So in the end my show had a FPP sending all E1.31 into the yard. Some of the data went to a P12R to run a 12 ribbon tree. The rest of the data went to a P12S. The P12S ran some coro canes and then one of the DMX outputs was driving an LOR1602W along with 2 CCR's and the other DMX output was driving 2 LOR1602W's plus 3 CCR's. So my entire yard is a mix of E1.31 stuff and LOR stuff all running from a single cable from the FPP.

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Welcome to ACL, I am in California

I actually Use The LOR AC Controllers as well as LOR CCR's. This year I am converting to E1.31 so I have invested in J1sys ECG-D4 and another non J1sys 6 channel E1.31 to DMX bridge. This will be used for my CCR's and AC LOR controllers. I have Advanced LOR software with 24 CCR package. Some here use Vixen or LSP software.

I then got (2x) J1sys P12S and (3x) J1sys P2's for my Pixel adventures and 5 other dumb pixel controllers to do the background lighting and a couple singing faces.

I do use a separate NIC for my E1.31 through a Cisco Switch that was given to me from my boss for my Project.

There is a lot of Knowledge here and most will be able to help you along the way.... you can also join Chat and ask questions there

Have Fun and Enjoy

-Vic

viennaxmas

New elf
Welcome from NoVa (a few miles east on I66).

I added DMX for the 2012 season and E1.31 for the 2013 season so I am running three different protocols. E1.31 is all J1SYS controllers and Cisco switches..

So far I have no plans in retiring and of the LOR gear - most new stuff however is going to be around Pixels...

Since I am somewhat close, let me know if you have any questions...