Hello New Guy form Saint Cloud, Florida

cabanmi

May the force of Christmas be with you...
Hi to all my new Brothers and Sisters of Christmas Land, I just happen to find this forum and I love it. I never saw so many members in this forum that really love creating lights and designing for Christmas.
As for myself I am a field service tech engineer working with computers, networks and phone systems. I have been working with electronics and computers since 1975 (actually since I was a kid when we had only vacuum tubes and transistors (does this really show how old I am?)).
As for the computerize lights I did started back in 2005 when I started with Light-O-Rama with 48 channels, it worked well but it was so expensive so I gave up on it. Have not done anything since then. This year I had the fever to start it again. So I purchase 13 boards Renard 24 and all the components to assembly this year, so I could have 312 channels. I know there is not enough time to set it up this year but next year I would surely have it ready next year. And since I have the time I would really like to learn a lot about the RGB tech and how it would integrate with the current Renard 24 system.
I for one love Christmas and if it has to do with electronics I am all in…..hope it was not too long to read…any way you will be hearing a lot form me in this forum… Thank you all for letting participate…
8) 8) :) :)

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Welcome to the forum.
Plenty of very helpful and knowledgeable people here on everything RGB, pixels etc so you're in the right place. I myself am very new to this also (being my second year) and have found everyone really helpful.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome52.gif

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL

First the disclaimer;
Joining these forums and entering the chat room can give you CLAP!!! :D
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem

If you haven't found it yet the AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is a great resource for RGB and much more.

If you can't find what you are looking for just ask in the chat room or in the forums. Lots of very friendly folks here will be glad to answer your questions or point you in the right direction.

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Welcome to ACL! The people here couldn't be nicer or more willing to help with any questions you might have. Stop by chat every now and then and say hello.
Again, Welcome
John