Hello Newbie From Sydney

Lali & Lexi

New elf
Hello all and Happy New Year,

I've just joined up and I'm super busy reading the ACL 101. I want to start a light display but Im trying to decide weather to go down the road with DMX or E1-31, the more I read the ACL 101 I think the E1-31 set up is the way to go. I have so many questions and most of them have probably been answered somewhere in the forums so I'll be reading for a while

Have a wonderful day all

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Hi Lali & Lexi, Welcome aboard. You could run both Dmx and E131. Most controllers also have a dmx output as well as being able to drive pixels.

Lali & Lexi

New elf
If you post your location in Sydney maybe you could hook up with someone nearby who can show you the basics.
Thanks for the warm welcome, I've just moved to Ryde and anyone that could show me the basics would be fantastic, I have heaps of questions and still trying to get me head around everything but it's something that I'm willing to spend heaps of time trying to figure out

B4IGO

Apprentice elf
Hi Lali & Lexi, Welcome! I'm also in Ryde, but new to all this myself too! Looking forward to seeing your show next year!

keithsw1111

Senior elf
I am in kellyville. Place is in a s state right now due to tear down but I will have pixels and controllers laying around all year. Happy to find some time or you can wait for the mini in may whoch is a must for any noob.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, you will find all the help you need from the members here to create a great show in 2018. make sure you free yourself up for the Sydney Mini this year as you will find it valuable in your journey of understanding.
Just know that there is a steep learning curve at first but eventually the pieces start to fall into place if you put the effort in.